Friday, December 14, 2007

Dear Santa...

Lani boy is still a great houseguest at Camp West. I caught him writing a letter to Santa.

Dear Santa,

I have had a hard year, not much is familiar in the last few months, but I am really being a good boy.

1. This year on the top of my list is to find a family of my own. A nice, family that loves me and likes to laugh when I wag my tail fast.

a. My perfect family would have great food healthy food, so I can eat and gain some weight. I have been hungry a lot this year, until my Auntie Lisa got me into foster care. I eat every bit that is in my bowl and I always sniff around under the kitchen table for more. I eat twice a day and I get treats when I come inside.

b. I would love a bed with blankets. I can sleep in a crate all night long without a peep. Or I have been allowed to sleep on the couch at night and I donʼt bother anyone until morning. I am a polite boy who doesnʼt go potty in the house. I wait by the door and stare at my family with my tail wagging so they know I am ready to do my business outside.

c. I would love a fenced in yard so I can run around and not get lost. One time I found an easy way out of the yard, and took my chance and jumped a little fence. It was fun to run around in a bunch of yards, but I got lost and a little nervous until my foster family found me. I donʼt want to do that again. So an invisible fence or a 6ft fence would be perfect for me.

d. If you happen to have some toys in your big bag that would be fun, my foster sister loves this squeaky duck, I am not sure what the big deal is, but she doesnʼt like me to play with it. I would be fun to play with my own. If there are kids in the house, that is a bonus! I have a 5, 9 and 12 year old to play with here and they seem fun, a little noisy but I do appreciate good old fashion game of chase or hide and seek. I sniff them out every time. Plus they are messy and leave lots of things to eat.


Anyway, on your journey around the world can you find the best family for me? Make a list and check it twice and ask them to get me home for Christmas? I just had a check up at the doctor and I weigh 49 lbs and I am healthy, happy boy. I am ready to go home!

Love, Kisses and Wags,

Lani

0 comments: