Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Report from his Foster Home!


Lani is a happy boy and has found himself in Northern Illinois foster care before the storm hit. He is joyful, curious dog who loves to play. He leaps over my pointer while playing! I have a female pointer who is not an alpha dog, but is to Lani. He is house broken and is crated at night. He does better in a plastic crate than a wire crate. I think the plastic crates give them a sense that they are living in a den.

He ate great at dinner and breakfast. He is a bit underweight and could stand to gain a few pounds. We are not sure how old he is although he is familiar with an in-house routine. He is neutered, and micro-chipped. I have three kids (ages 5,9,12) and Lani is doing great with them.
He is very food motivated, therefore he needs a bit of obedience training since he is a counter surfer and has take a slice of pizza off the table. He would need a safe and secure 6 foot fence or electric fence since he climbed the gate of my 4ft fence.
He loves to be around people and is interested in what you are doing by following you or laying with his head in your lap. Currently he is lying on my couch snuggled up with a stuffed toy, glad to be in a warm house on this chilly day. Please let me know if you like to know more about Lani by filling out an application or contacting Illinois Bird Dog Rescue and I would be happy to tell you more about him.

Alison West
IBR foster mom

0 comments: